- 100% ownership of 2,400 sq.km exploration license acquired for US$3.8 million
- License tenure of two years with option to extend for additional two years
- Close to the 50 Mtpa Aktogay open pit mine owned by Kazminerals Plc and the Aidarly project owned by Kazakhmys
- Railroad, gas pipeline and power lines passes through southeastern part of the license area
- Focus is on Dzharyk South deposit which follows a classic porphyry model to generate a Au oxide heap leach operation, in 3 years
- One Au oxide project (Dzharyk South) and 3 Cu projects (Taisogan, Dzharyk 4a,b,c & 5). Taisogan already has some encouraging drilling.
Dzharyk South –Au only
- Gold mineralisation follows a classic structurally controlled porphyry model
- Current JORC inferred resource of 157,838 oz contained gold @ 0.933 g/t Au from SMG drilling in 2018-19, This represents only 9.4% of the area to be drilled. Potential resource in the oxide zone could be 1-2m oz Au at a similar grade.
- Petrological work confirms that the gold in the quartz veins is mostly free gold, with some free gold in the pyrite
- Sulphide content is low in that portion of the primary zone which has been explored to date
- The total extent of the stockwork zone along strike is over 3.4 km, and maximum width 800m,
- Mineralisation occurs as 7-8 separate, subparallel zones with gold grades ranging from 0.1-40 g/t (averaging 0.933 g/t in recent drilling) and width varying from 10-200m
- The data obtained from drilling and trenching carried out in 2018/19 suggests a large-scale oxide gold deposit consisting of seven economic gold zones and that Dzharyk South is the very at top of a massive 4,000m x 4,000m gold-rich +- Cu porphyry system
- Targeting a JORC indicated & inferred resource of 1-2m+ oz Au by early 2020
- SMG completed a first pass drilling program of 3,000m of RC drilling in 2018 and another 1,100m in early 2019
- Geological mapping in 2019 (LHS) shows the porphyry and granodiorite host rock with late NE-SW structures,while Alteration mapping (RHS) using a “Halo’ spectrometer highlightsthe location of the white mica (illite) alteration which is associated with the Au mineralisation.The blue lines are the mapped location of the physical outcrops of the silica-white miica-quartz veins +Au target zones, while the pink lines are the interpretation on the extent of these zones.
Dzharyk South – 2018/19 Drilling Results
- SMG completed 3,000m of RC drilling in 2018 and another 1,100m in early 2019
- 53 intersections from 73 total holes, with 20 intersections from 20 holes in 2019
- Ore to waste ration 1:3, all exposed on the surface
- Average true width is 9.5m and average grade is 1g/t Au from an oxide zone of 0-40m in depth
|Hole||From||To||Thickness (m)||Au g/t*|
|Criteria: >2m thick >0.3g/t and max 3m internal waste as long as the average Au grade is >0.3g/t Au|
|RC Drilling 2018||Best Results|
|2019 Results to date|
|This hole ended in 9.37 g/t Au|
- Line No 4, drilled in 2018, and DDH finished May 2019, intersections show continuation of Au zones to depth .
- Emphasis of next phases of drilling will be on a 1-2m oz Au oxide resource on only
- Gravity tests using a Knellson concentrator indicated between 31- 42% of Au recovery in the oxide zone.
Dzharyk South – Geological Model
3D IP with 2018 drill and trench results (mineralised widths shown for trench only) showing an elongated ellipsoidal shaped sericite/ qtz stockwork with Au mineralization of economic grade with a surface area of 420,000 sq m.
Current drilling has only tested the top 55m for oxide Au resource which can be heap leached, which will provide the initial cash flow to bring the remaining deposit down to 450m (open cut) into production
DZS – Work Program / Estimated Timeline to Production
Oxide zone only
|Infill Drilling||Government Submissions|
|2018 Drilling Results||Complete Additional Analysis / Testing|
|Targeting additional 2m oz Au JORC inferred resource||Metallurgical Hydrological Geothermal|
|Local feasibility study Mining license application||selected exchangeComplete IPO on|
|Financing / Construction|
Taisongan-to be targeted after DZS cash flow established
- Taisogan 5km to S from DZS
- Drilling 2012-2018 Cu Only
- X Section DDTS18002 & 3, Av Cu Grade 0.34%
- Strong IP anomaly from 100m-800m dpth
- 40km from Aktogay $3.5 B Cu Mine-KazMinerals, same grade..
|Hole name||Zone №||From||To||Lenth||CU%|
Current Non JORC Resource 316,463 tones Cu @ 0.34% Cu from 2018 drilling
Dzharyk 4a to be targeted after DZS cash flow established
- Dzharyk 4, 1.5 km east of Dzharyk South
- Gossan on surface 800m long, Strike 245º,
- High grade Cu shoots coming to the surface
- Strong IP anomaly from 100-800m depth
- Strong illite, silica, qtz vein py, cpy alteration
|Hole name||Zone №||From||To||Lenth||CU%|